ATMIA Educational Scholarship Program
Sponsored by TransNational ATM
TransNational ATM will provide one deserving candidate with an expense-paid trip to attend the ATMIA US Conference 2019 from February 19 – 21 at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida, and a Retail Boot Camp ATM Training from Triton/ATMGurus. The scholarship package has an approximate value of $3,300.
The intent of this award is to further the successful candidate’s education of the ATM industry and to support his/her employment in the ATM industry. The scholarship is awarded based on the philosophy of ATMIA and TransNational ATM: education of others, advocacy for the betterment of ATM operators, growth of our industry with integrity, and the joy of getting to know the stakeholders in our industry.
The ATMIA Education Scholarship Program includes the following:
- One (1) full conference pass to the 2019 ATMIA US Conference February 19 – 21, 2019 at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, FL
- One (1) round trip economy flight to Orlando, FL for one person, with pre-approved routing (allow 48 hours for approval process)
- Transportation for one individual to/from the host hotel via the Disney Magical Express
- Two (2) nights hotel stay at the host hotel at the standard negotiated hotel room rate for conference attendees
- For meals not included in the event schedule, meal allowance not to exceed $50 max per day (3 days). Does not include alcohol. Reimbursement of expenses requires original receipts, including charge slip as well as detail receipt for meals.
- Transportation (shared ride or taxi) to/from originating airport not to exceed $50
- Cash tips not to exceed $30
- One (1) Retail Boot Camp ATM Training at the Triton/ATMGurus facility in Long Beach, Mississippi (transportation not included)
ATMIA Educational Scholarship Program Candidate Qualifications:
- Must complete the application form below.
- The individual must be a first-time attendee to the ATMIA conference and a non-member or their company has not been a member of ATMIA.
- The individual must be in the ATM industry and could be a business owner, employee, technician, independent sales, or new to the industry.
- The individual must be a citizen of and reside in the U.S.
- The individual must participate in a phone interview with the scholarship committee if chosen as a finalist.
- The individual cannot not be a relative of ATMIA staff, TransNational ATM, or any of the committee members.
Selection Process and Requirements of Winner
Anyone wanting to be considered for this scholarship must complete the online form by November 1, 2018. After that date, the Scholarship Committee will review all applications and narrow down a list of finalists. Each finalist will take part in a conference call interview with committee. Following the conclusion of the interviews, the committee will select a winner. The winner will be announced on or before December 1, 2018. The winner will be notified by a member of the committee. The winner has 5 business days to accept the scholarship so that travel and other necessary arrangements can be made.
The winner’s name and picture will appear in an announcement email before, during, and after the event.
During the event, the winner is required to meet with the ATMIA staff and TransNational ATM staff for pictures, quote and interview. The winner must also attend the workshops, keynote, sessions and breakout sessions at the conference. At the entrance of each of the above will be a doorperson with a scanner. The scholarship recipient is required to be scanned to show proof of attendance.
Before final reimbursement is made for any expenses, the successful candidate will prepare a 2- to 4-page summary of his/her experience at the conclusion of the conference, highlighting which sessions were most valuable, outlining his/her experience overall, and offering suggestions for future scholarship program improvements. The winner may be asked to have one last interview with the sponsor to give feedback about the program.
Should the winner be unable to attend and have to cancel, the committee will review the circumstances and may offer the scholarship to a replacement from the same company or offer it to another applicant.